Star Trek superfan and former QMx sculptor Schubert Tam to launch a new line of Star Trek 1:6 figures under new company EXO-6, starting with The Next Generations Data.
Sculptor and former Head Designer Schubert Tam of Quantum Mechanix has started his own company EXO-6 with designs on creating a new line of 1:6 scale collectable figures exclusively form the Star Trek franchise, having obtained the official rights to produce the figures in 2020. First of the company production line is an amazingly detailed Star Trek: First Contact version of Lieutenant Commander Data.
“Data is one of the most popular characters in Star Trek, and no other character better expresses the wonder of discovery that is the heart of Star Trek than this android with a soul. The EXO-6 1:6 scale figure of Data will not only embody the hopefulness of the character, but also bring an element of Brent Spiner’s performance into collector’s homes.
“This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite 1:6 detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his 24th century tunic to his custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpts of Brent Spiner as Data have authentic, hand-painted likenesses.” – EXO-6
The EXO-6 Data 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:
- Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.
- Two Realistic Portraits: Data comes with two heads, his regular portrait and also his look after the Borg Queen gifts him with grafted skin. Lovingly rendered by a top artist, these are excellent likenesses of Brent Spiner in his role as Data. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Jumpsuit: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform matches the pattern, and color of the original costume recreated in 1:6 scale. Magnets are sewn into the uniform so the holsters for the tricorder and phaser can be attached. An authentically scaled communicator badge is permanently affixed to the tunic.
- Boots: Soft plastic boots sculpted to match the cut and style of the original movie footwear.
- Display Base: A hexagonal display base featuring the transporter pad will provide additional support for the figure. Two different inserts for the floor of the base can represent the transporter pad or the center of the transporter array.
Lt. Commander Data is outfitted with everything needed for a Starfleet officer. He comes equipped with:
- Type II hand phaser. The phaser can be worn in a black holster that magnetically attaches to the jumpsuit.
- TR-590 Tricorder X: This standard tricorder can be opened or worn in a holster.
- Phaser rifle: Type 3B Phaser rifle used by the Enterprise crew to battle the invading Borg.
No date has yet been announced on when this figure will be available, but the EXO-6 website is letting you register your interest in pre-orders via an ‘Add to Wishlist’ link. Price currently stands at $189.95 but this is marked at tentative with no information on international delivery. It is still early days and no doubt in the coming weeks we will gain more concrete information on ordering, when it does we will let you know.
In the meantime check out this interview with a pre EXO-6 Schubert Tam at Comic Con 2017 to learn more about how he goes about creating these amazing figures.
For more information, visit the EXO-6 Website by visiting www.exo-6.com.
Interested? Are you a collector already of Star Trek figures and will you be adding the EXO-6 line to your collection? Let us know via our social media:
▶ Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TrekCentral
▶ Twitter – https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral
▶ Discord – https://discord.gg/f62Gbcu