The first season of Star Trek: Lower Decks is coming soon to Blu-ray, DVD, Steelbook and Download and Keep,
Star Trek: Lower Decks made its debut in August 2020 in the US and then internationally via Amazon Prime in January 2021. Described as the first adult animated comedy in the Star Trek universe, the show focused on the often-overlooked contributions of the officers and crewmen of the lower decks of a starship, in this case, the USS Cerritos.
While the first season is still available to stream on Amazon Prime, it’s not known for how much longer with the impending arrival of Paramount+ this week and its aim of an international release later in the year. So, it seems timely then that the adventures of Boimler (Jack Quaid), Mariner (Tawny Newsome), Tendi (Noel Wells) and Rutherford (Eugene Cordero) will be available to purchase on Blu-Ray, DVD, Steelbook and Download and Keep from May 18th.
While this date seems to be for the USA release, there is no confirmed date for the international release, but it could follow suit with the release schedule for Picard and come to UK shores around 3 months following the US.
Series creator Mike McMahan, writer and executive producer of “Rick and Morty”, takes you where no Star Trek series has gone before – to the lower decks! Join rule-breaker Beckett Mariner, aspiring captain Brad Boimler, rookie D’Vana Tendi and part-Cyborg Sam Rutherford as they attempt to navigate the most mysterious corners of our universe with very little experience – and even less authority. Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 1 features nearly 2 hours of exclusive special features and includes guest appearances by Paul Scheer (“The League”), Jonathan Frakes (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”), Marina Sirtis (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”) and more!
As well as all ten episodes that makeup season 1 of Star Trek: Lower Decks, fans can also expect over two hours of additional extras, details of which are below:
- CRISIS POINT: THE RISE OF VINDICTA TRAILER (Exclusive) – An exclusive, over-the-top action trailer based on the in-episode movie from “Crisis Point.”
- FACES OF THE FLEET – A deep dive into the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, alongside producers, writers and the cast of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Highlighting character backstories and the behind-the-scenes development of their hilarious on-screen personalities, this exclusive featurette takes a look at Ensigns Beckett Mariner, Ensign Brad Boimler, Ensign Samanthan Rutherford, Ensign D’Vana Tendi and more.
- HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT (Exclusive) – An inside look at canon and hidden Easter eggs throughout the series, including freeze frame images and insightful commentary from producers, creatives and cast.
- LOWER DECKTIONARY:
- JOINING STARFLEET (Episode 101) (Exclusive) – Producers and crew discuss the development of season one from storyline to visual artistry.
- ALIENS AMONG US (Episode 102) (Exclusive) – Dives into the different aliens Ensigns Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner encounter as they escort K’orin to the Tulgana 4 planet.
- THE ANIMATION PROCESS (Episode 103) (Exclusive) – A look at the efficiency and creativity needed to put together an episode of Lower Decks in this other-worldly look at the animation process.
- THE MAIN TITLES (Episode 104) (Exclusive) – Immersed in the creation of the episode’s title sequence, the featurette explores the graphic design and thematic music developed for Lower Decks.
- ART DESIGN (Episode 105) (Exclusive) – A look at characters’ style and the sets that elevate the animated on-screen adventures of the U.S.S. Cerritos. .
- THE HOLODECK (Episode 106) (Exclusive) – Including interviews with cast and creatives, the featurette highlights what Holodeck experience they would like, how characters use it, and how it’s not only used for skills training, but sanity.
- DIVISION 14 (Episode 107) (Exclusive) – Not everything goes right for Starfleet – catch up with Division 14 who is tasked with dealing with all the unexpected mishaps.
- DECK DYNAMICS (Episode 108) (Exclusive) – A dive into the upper and lower deck dynamics, and how their comedic interactions contribute to the storyline throughout season one.
- THE MUSIC OF LOWER DECKS (Episode 109) (Exclusive) – Star Trek music is iconic. Explore how traditional themes have been integrated into Lower Decks and the episode’s in-story movie in this deep dive into the differences of scoring for animation versus live action, and comedy versus drama.
- ALL IN THE FAMILY (Episode 110) – As the debut comes to a close, fans can take a look at evolution of the crew and their relationships over the last year, and how Lower Decks fits into the Star Trek family as a few legacy characters appear.
- FULL LENGTH ANIMATIC (Exclusive)
- DELETED AND EXTENDED ANIMATICS (Exclusive)
For more details and to pre-order your copy you can visit Amazon via the below links:
You can also check out Trek Centrals full season review of Star Trek: Lower Decks via our YouTube channel:
Star Trek: Lower Decks: Season One is produced by CBS’ Eye Animation Productions, CBS Television Studios’ new animation arm; Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry Entertainment. Titmouse, the Emmy Award-winning independent animation production company, serves as the animation studio for the series. The series airs exclusively on CBS All Access, soon to be Paramount+, in the United States and is distributed worldwide by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
The Star Trek: Lower Decks: Season One Blu-ray, DVD and Steelbook are presented in (16×9) format with English SDH subtitles and offer English 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.
Also, from Trek Central:
Don’t forget, you can also get involved via our social media platforms:
▶ Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TrekCentral
▶ Instagram – https://instagram.com/TrekCentral
▶ Twitter – https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral
▶ YouTube – https://youtube.com/TheTrekCentral
▶ Discord – https://discord.gg/f62Gbcu